Monday 9 September 2013

Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoos

I am a little bit late on the band wagon with these since most beauty bloggers will have written about them in some way already. But I thought I'd add my two cents and tell you my opinion on these color tattoos.

 


Maybelline market these color tattoos as having a 24hr water resistant wear. One thing I can say about these is that their lasting power is amazing! Now I haven't worn these for a full 24 hrs since I don't usually keep my make up on for that long (and I doubt that any one else does either), the longest amount of time I have worn these is 14hrs (from 7am to 9pm - when I wake up and get ready for uni to when I get back at the end of the day) and I didn't experience any budging, creasing, fading or smudging thorughout the day - and my eyelids do get very oily so I was extremely pleased with how well these lasted.

The texture of these is really smooth and creamy and they glide on to the eyelids; can be applied with your fingertips or with a synthetic eyeshadow brush. The shades are very opaque and don't need much building up. I have had mine for quite a few months and they haven't dried up on me yet!

Uses: they can be used alone as an eyeshadow for a quick and simple look if you're running low on time or as a base for your powder eyeshadows to stick to and make them last longer. I have read in some beauty blogs that they can also be used as a cream eyeliner; now I haven't tried this out myself but it might be something you guys might want to try. When using these as an eyeshadow base one thing i would say is that if you want smooth blended edges then work with one eye at a time since they do dry quite quickly.

They come packaged in a heavy glass jar with a black screw on lid. The packaging is hefty and doesn't feel or look cheap. However, you do have to be careful when travelling with these since they are at risk of breaking.




 On and On Bronze


Permanent Taupe

Pink gold

7 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, I really want to try Permanent Taupe! :)

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x You should try it, it's an amazing colour x

      Delete
  2. Wow, these look very well pigmented. Great post!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very pigmented and they're great products to have in your make up collection :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. hi, im so happy to be a follower! i love your posts and reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, wow thank you for your lovely comment xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...