Thursday 4 September 2014

Kiko Life in Rio Double Ended Brush - Review


Hey guys. today I'll be reviewing the Kiko Life in Rio Double Ended Brush. When I first saw this brush on the Kiko website I was really intrigued by it as I thought it would be a great brush to contour with as the slight curve to it would really fit into the contours of the face and help give a more chiseled and defined contour. 



The flat side of the brush is just like any standard flat foundation brush, nothing too special about it, I don't really use it to apply foundation but I think it's great for applying concealer to the under eye area. Other than that I haven't found a use for it since I tend to use buffing/stippling brushes to apply my foundation.  


Now the other side I think is amazing, it is a lot more dense than I was expecting but it does the job that I want it to and it does it very well. It really is a great shape and it fits the contours of the face really well. I use mine with powder products to contour my face and it works amazingly well, I'm not really sure how well it would fare with cream products, but I have a feeling that the results may not be as good. This is because when I was washing the brush I noticed that the bristles would sort of 'stick' together and a gap would form between the edge of the metal casing and the hairs which made it quite difficult to wash and I have a feeling that the water was seeping into the casing as well which isn't good for your brushes as it can cause them to fall apart.

That is really the only downside to it, I haven't noticed any fall out after washing it so I'm pleased with that. And I love the finish it gives so much that the problems washing it don't bother me that much, although it can be quite frustrating at times, especially when you have loads of brushes to wash! Overall I think this is a great brush to have in your collection and I would definitely recommend that you buy it! The brush retails at £16.90 but is currently on sale on the Kiko website for £11.80


This is my first time trying products from Kiko and I have to say I am quite impressed, I do have a couple of other things from them that I will be reviewing soon so keep your eyes out for those!. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and if there's anything you'd like me to review from them then do let me know and I'll try my best to get it done for you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...