Wednesday 31 May 2017

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation - Review

Hey guys, just wanted to review the Illamasqua Skin Base foundation for you today. I've been using this for well over a year now and I love it! I'm always switching up my base routine and trying out new foundations but this is one foundation that is a staple in my collection and I always come back to it.

I use the shade SB13 in this foundation and it is the perfect shade for me! (Just for reference - I'm NC44 in MAC foundations and use Syracuse in NARS foundations). It has a medium buildable coverage, it easily covers all my marks and redness and looks very flawless/full coverage, which is really surprising considering how lightweight this feels on my skin. I like to apply this using either a flat top buffing brush or a stippling brush, but it applies great with a blending sponge as well, so either the beauty blender or the real techniques sponge would be good to use.


Like I mentioned above this foundation has a really lightweight finish, I'd say its medium coverage but can definitely be built up to give a more full coverage finish and the best thing is it doesn't look like you're wearing a huge amount of foundation, it gives the skin a really dewy natural'ish looking finish, which I love. I have a bit of dryness/texture on my cheeks and it doesn't stick to any dry patches which is great. I don't normally use a primer when I'm using this foundation and it does last all day but it can get a little oily, what I would say is that if you have oily skin then maybe use a mattifying primer before using this foundation as you may find that you do get a bit oily around the t-zone area. I honestly don't think I have anything bad to say about this foundation, if you haven't tried it yet then head over to your nearest Illamasqua counter and ask to get colour matched and maybe get a small sample pot to try out to see if you like it too!

Thanks for reading! Let me know if you've tried this before, and what you think of it xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...