Saturday 3 June 2017

Coty Airspun Translucent Face Powder - Review

So after seeing a lot of Youtube beauty gurus rave about this setting powder for such a long time, I decided I had to try it out for myself! I purchased mine off Amazon in the shade translucent, which is the original shade, there are however a few more shades available in this powder. The other colours available are; Translucent Extra Coverage, Honey Beige and Suntan, and these shades unlike the original will add a bit of extra coverage/colour to your base when applied.


Now the powder comes in a large plastic tub with a powder puff, and you do get a lot of product, 65g to be exact. The powder itself has a slight pink tinge to it which I didn't realise until I opened it, this did concern me a little as I was worried it might look a bit ashy on my skin. However, when applied to the skin it doesn't leave any kind of pink/ashy tinge at all which was a relief! Another thing is that it does have quite a strong scent. To me it smells a lot like baby powder, which to be honest I don't mind at all, but some people may not like it, once applied to the skin though, the scent doesn't linger and will disappear.


The powder is very finely milled and feels quite 'silky', it blends into the skin so easily and doesn't settle into or accentuate fine lines and it also doesn't leave you looking caked up, which is a problem I've had with a lot of setting powders in the past. I lightly dust this all over my face with a fluffy brush to set my base in place and then I go in and use it to bake under my eyes and around my nose and mouth, as these are the areas where my foundation/concealer tends to crease a little. This does a really good job of setting my base, with no flashback from what I've noticed, and I've also found that I don't really need to touch up as much during the day as it prevents my foundation/concealer from budging all day, even in hot environments.

This product has quickly become a staple in my makeup routine and I actually prefer it over the Rimmel Stay Matte which I have been using since forever. I would definitely recommend this product to everyone! It's such an affordable powder and you're definitely getting your money's worth, considering you're getting 65g of product and little does go a long way with this, so it'll last you quite a while.

I got mine from HERE

Let me know if you've tried this out, and what you think of it. Thanks for reading xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...