Thursday 16 January 2014

|| Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - Review ||

Hey guys, first off I'd just like to say sorry for not posting anything this past week but I've been really busy with my coursework for Uni which I handed in yesterday (thank god) so I haven't really been able to write up any posts. But now I'm back and I'll try my best to post more regularly from now on :)

Onto the review, when I first saw this foundation in Boots I wasn't that keen on it for two main reasons; one because I'm not really big on the whole dewy finish look and two it looked like it had glitter in it. So I stayed away from it.

But after hearing Tanya Burr rave about how good this is in so many of her videos, I decided to pick it up and give it a go. I've had this for a couple of months now and I've been applying it with different tools to see which works best. My favourite way to apply this is to use my Real techniques Buffing brush or Expert face brush, as I feel that they really blend it and buff it into the skin.


The thing that I like most about this foundation is the coverage. I think that it gives a medium coverage that is build-able and it really helps cover up minor imperfections. However if you have any sort of redness then I suggest using a concealer in those areas for extra coverage.

Now the finish to this is slightly dewy and I don't hate it but I'm not in love with it either as I prefer a more matte finish since my skin is slightly oily. But I have to say that this is nice and not overly dewy and I would wear it on days where I know I won't be out for long because after a couple of hours it does start to look really oily around my t-zone.

The one thing that I really don't like about this foundation is the shade range, most of them are too light for me and I think that the shade that I bought (400 Natural beige) is the darkest shade available and it isn't a great match and it makes me look quite grey especially around my mouth and chin area. I can tone down the greyness by using a bronzer or mixing it with a darker foundation but it still doesn't look that great. Overall I think that this would be a great foundation for those who have less oily skin and have a lighter skin tone than me. I do like this foundation and I would repurchase it. but only if Rimmel expanded their shade range.


Thank you for reading and I hope this post has helped you :)

4 comments:

  1. Love this foundation!!!!!

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I just wish they had more shades z

      Delete
  2. This is my fav spring/summer foundation, hopefully they will bring out more shades :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, it's a great foundation but the shade range isn't the best x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...