Saturday 12 April 2014

Ebay #217 Brush

You may have read my previous post about the Ebay #239 brush here and today I want to talk to you about the #217 brush that I bought around the same time, and I will be comparing both of the brushes.


The brushes are very similar in that they have the same type of long matte black handle and they also have the same soft white bristles. However, where the #239 brush has short dense bristles, the bristles on the #217 are longer and more 'fluffy' which makes it great for seamlessly blending in crease colours and smoothing out any harsh lines. It has been said that this brush bares some similarities to the MAC #217 brush, but since I do not own the MAC version I really can't say whether this is a dupe for that or not.


Because the bristles are white, I was afraid that they would get stained from darker colours even after washing, but I was pleasantly surprised when they didn't! Another thing to note is that these brushes did not shed after washing like I thought they would, which is great considering how cheap they are. One thing I would say is that you should definitely wash these before using them just to be on the safe side.


I only picked up two of the #217 brushes, but I'm thinking about going back and ordering some more because in my opinion they are great products to have in your collection and at only 99p each they're not really breaking the bank

The #217 (top) alongside the #239 (bottom)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...