Thursday 10 April 2014

Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator - Pink Light - Review

I've really been getting into highlighting this year and I've bought quite a few powder highlighters but this is the first liquid highlighter I have purchased. The main reason I wanted to try this was because I saw it in one of Kaushal's videos and I was really intrigued by this product and wanted to try it out. I picked mine up from Boots alongside a couple of other items since they had a 3for2 offer on and I've been trialing it since then, and thought I'd give you my thoughts on it.


I've been applying this product under and over my foundation and I have to say that I like both of the finishes. Applying it under your foundation gives your skin a really understated natural looking glow which is great for the day time. Where as applying it over your foundation gives a more intense highlighted finish which is great for a night out, but if you're anything like me then you'd wear it this way during they day too. I've applied it using both my fingers and a brush and even though using your fingers gives a great finish I prefer using a brush, the one I use is part of a set that I bought from Ebay and I will be reviewing it soon so keep your eyes open for that, but a great alternative is the Eco Tools Airbrush concealer brush or the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush. I place the product along the tops of my non-existent cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and a tiny amount on my chin and center of my forehead and then I blend out using one of the brushes mentioned above. I think it has great staying power because I apply my make-up around 7 each morning and when I get home around 6/7 in the evening it's still there, looking a bit worn out but still noticeable!


I think this is a really great product and I love using it, I'm thinking about picking up the other shades in this, to see if they are just as good! Have you tried any of the other shades?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...