Friday 18 April 2014

Natural Collection Lipstick - Raspberry

I purchased my first tube of the Natural Collection Lipstick in the shade Raspberry when I was 16 years old and I instantly fell in love. Since then I have gone through three tubes of this lipstick and I recently purchased my fourth, so I decided I would review this shade for you and let you know why I used to love it so much and also why I've recently fallen back in love with it.



Now this may come as a bit of a surprise to some of you, but when I was in my first year of college I was very hesitant in wearing bright shades on my lips, some days I wouldn't wear any colour on my lips (you won't see me leaving the house without lippy on now though) and on other days I would leave my house with a neutral shade of lipstick on and by the time I got to college I would have bitten it all of! - the main reason behind this was that I felt like lipstick (any shade be it neutral or bright) was too much on an everyday basis. But after a while I started to slowly get over this and began wearing a little bit of colour on my lips and the Natural Collection Lipstick in Raspberry was the first 'bright' lipstick I purchased and I loved it! I wore it every single day without fail and even got my sister hooked on it too And by my second year of college I was even wearing bright red lipstick on a daily basis and now I can't even imagine leaving the house with out lipstick on. I feel like it brings the whole look together and makes you look more 'alive'.


This particular formula is really moisturising, it glides onto the lips and doesn't cling to dry patches. It is really pigmented and lasts around 5-6 hours on my lips, I've found that a few hours after applying it does loose a bit of shine and looks more dry, but it still looks great in my opinion and doesn't feel uncomfortable at all. And at only £1.99 a piece you can't really go wrong with it. The only reason I stopped using this was because I started opting for a more matte finish over glossy/shiny, but I recently rediscovered this shade and remembered how much I loved it and decided to give it another try and it still love it! On most days I do still opt for something matte but this lippy has definitely been getting a lot more love recently. (the one in the pictures is a new tube, since the old tube had seen better days and I'd had it for more than two years so I felt like I needed to throw it out and get a fresh tube).

I hope you enjoyed this post!

3 comments:

  1. I have Natural collection's Moisture shine lipstick in Cedar, it's a red/brown subtle red that makes my lips seem fuller. I've heard people say Nat Coll lipsticks lacks staying power, but I like them because they don't have any scent or taste to them which helps because I have asthma and I like the fact that they are so cheap! Like you it's a brand I used to use as a teen, mainly eye shadows. But there was a lip palette I got for Christmas and then started using for like 10 years- I realised I had to throw it out as it was old and messy and repurchased the colour in cedar.I do worry that Boots may discontinue the brand as I never hear of anyone using them so it's good to see Natural collection get some love on a blog! I'll check out raspberry next time i'm in Boots!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...