Tuesday 24 June 2014

Zoeva Gel Liner in Black Lace - Review


I'm a huge fan of gel liners and I'm always looking for new brands to try, so when I saw the Cream Eye Liner in Black Lace on the Zoeva website a few weeks ago I decided to buy it and give it a try. 
 On the website it states that this shade is “ Black as the night, a must for purists. Deep, matte black with a hint of blue ” and that it is dramatically intense, long-lasting and water resistant. I was excited to try this as none of the eyeliners I previously owned were actually waterproof and honestly that doesn't really bother me, but I wanted to see if this liner lived up to its claim of being water resistant. And whether it was as intense as it claimed to be.

The product is housed in a glass jar that has a frosted, matte finish and a screw top black lid. The packaging seems really sturdy and doesn't feel like it would break easily. 


As for the actual product, in the pot it looks quite dark  and there are tiny flecks of blue glitter mixed in with it (which sadly aren't that noticeable in the pictures). I applied it using a angled liner brush and I found that it applies very smoothly and doesn't tug at the skin, however you gave to be careful not to go over the same area twice until the liner has dried because it does wipe away. As for the blue glitter once on the eyes (or when swatched on my hand) it isn't really noticeable unless you look really closely - so seems kind of pointless really.

Once the liner has completely dried it doesn't budge and lasts all day. As for it being waterproof, I splashed my face three times with water and then patted it dry, the liner was still in place, my wing was still on point and there was very minimal smudging. However if you rub your eyes with wet hands, that's a totally different story, although it doesn't smudge as bad as normal eyeliners would there is still quite a bit of smudging. Overall I think this is a great product and something that I really enjoy using!



Have you tried any of the Zoeva make up products? What did you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...