Sunday 11 January 2015

Essence Cosmetics £10 Makeup look

So the lovely ladies over at Flipside PR set me a challenge to create a makeup look for £10 using Essence products and I happily accepted. I'm a regular user of essence products and their Lashes Go Wild Mascara is a firm favourite, I use it everyday and I'm now running out, but whenever I go to pick up a new one it's always out of stock, which just goes to show I'm not the only one who thinks it's amazing! Their lipliners and blushers are also firm favourites (I've got quite a few reviews coming up so keep your eyes open for those) and everything is so affordable - which is great if you're just starting out with makeup/you're on a budget.

 Now I did want to do my whole face using essence products but unfortunately their foundations are slightly too light for my skintone, so I stuck to my regular foundation, but everything else I used is from Essence.

All the products I used are pictured below and my total came to £10.64, which is great in my opinion because these days even buying just one mascara from a drugstore brand could cost you £10+, so being able to get six products for a little over that amount is amazing!



I first started off with the Kajal Pencil in '08 Teddy' and applied this quite messily all over my lid and into the crease, I patted this is with my ring finger to make sure all the harsh lines were blended out, I then went back in the crease with this kajal pencil and also added some on the outer V of the eye, again I patted in with my finger then went in with a blending brush. The reason I did this was so that my lid shadow would have something to stick to and it would also create a nice shadow in the crease and outer V giving the eye a neutral smokey sort of look.

I then patted the single eye shadow in the shade ' 77 Sandy says Hello' all over the lid and blended the edges out using a blending brush. I then went back in with the kajal pencil and drew a thin line across my lash line. Next was mascara, I used the 'Get Big Lashes' mascara since my much loved Lashes go Wild has run out, I curled my lashes and applied two coats of the mascara (and I have to say I think I might end up liking this as much as the Lashes go Wild). Next up is cheeks and I used their Silky touch blush in the shade '60 Life's A Cherry' on the apples of my cheeks and I took the same eyeshadow I used on my eyes and applied it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones.

Finally it was time for lips. I went in with their lip liner in the shade '01 Honey Berry' and lined/filled in my lips, I then went over it with their long lasting lipstick in the shade '09 Wear Berries!' 

I'm really happy with how this look turned out and how well the products lasted on my skin. If you guys would like an in-depth review on any of the products I used then just let me know in the comments below. 

Also, since this is my first ever 'Makeup look post' I wanted some feedback off my readers. What do think about these types of blog posts? Were my pictures clear enough? Did you enjoy reading it? and are there any points I could improve on? Again let me know in the below :) thank you for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...