Wednesday 21 September 2016

Favourite Liquid and Stick Highlighters

Hi guys, it's been a while since I last posted on here, but I'm getting back into blogging and will hopefully be putting out new content more frequently. Today I thought I'd start of with a review on my favourite stick/liquid highlighters.

Now starting off with the stick highlighters, I have 3 favourites that I like to use on a day to day basis. The No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter, The MUA bronzed shimmer stick and the Kiko Radiant Touch highlighter in the shade 100.





Both the Kiko and the No7 sticks look pretty similar in the swatches below and even when applied to the face I haven't noticed much difference in the colour payoff or finish of them both. The only difference that I'd say I've noticed between the two is that the Kiko one has a slightly warmer gold undertone to it and the No7 one is more cool toned in comparison. Both of these I feel are are suitable for most skin tones be they light or dark skinned.

The MUA shimmer stick on the other hand is a lot darker in comparison. I'd say this works better on darker/tanned complexions, or if say you wanted to give someone with a lighter complexion a more glowy/tanned look then you could apply a light wash of this on the high points of the face and blend in.

You can apply these by sweeping directly onto the face or by using a brush/sponge to apply and blend. However, I prefer using my fingers to dab this onto the skin and then blend, I find that the heat from your hands helps them blend easier and gives a really natural looking glowy finish.

L-R: MUA bronze shimmer, Kiko 100 and No7 instant radiance


Now the liquid highlighters I want to talk about are from Stila, in the shades Kitten and Bronze Shimmer. They come in a glass bottle with a brush applicator. At first glance they both look very similar in the bottle, but when applied the bronze shimmer has a warmer finish than Kitten.

You can either apply these underneath, on top of or mixed in with your foundation, depending on what kind of look you're going for. Mix these into your foundation if you want a natural all over glow. I prefer applying them on top of  my foundation using the brush applicator and then blend them in using either my fingers or the Real Techniques setting brush.

Now I've had a look on the Stila website but i can't seem to find these highlighters, so they have most likely been discontinued. However, you can find products that do a similar sort of job, such as, the Gosh Lumi Drops available from Superdrug or Benefits High Beam highlighter.

I hope you enjoyed this post and Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...