Wednesday 18 January 2017

Everyday Base Routine

Hey guys! Thought I'd do a quick post on my everyday base. I'm usually always running late (mostly because I just don't like leaving my bed) so I have to do my makeup quite quickly on a day to to day basis, I do sometimes switch up some of the products but the things I mention in this post are products that I've been reaching for a lot recently.


Before I apply any makeup to my skin I'll apply some moisturiser, although I won't lie I do sometimes forget to do this! I'm really bad when it comes to skin care but I am trying to change that now! I'll then go in with a setting spray to prep my skin for my base products. One I've been loving recently is this Infallible Mist from L'Oreal - one thing I will say about this spray is that you have to give it a really good shake before using, otherwise it'll leave little white dots all over your face when it drys - which are not easy to remove without messing up your whole base.

I then go in with some of the LA girl orange correcter around my mouth/chin are and under my eyes to help cover up any discolouration. After that is done, I'll apply my foundation, I've currently been loving the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless foundation - if you want a full in depth review on this let me know - I start off with a thin layer all over my face and then apply more in areas that need a bit of extra coverage, I'll then apply my concealer under my eyes, bridge of my nose, forehead and just under where I would apply my contour just to make it appear a little sharper. I like layering the Fit me concealer by Maybelline with the LA girl corrector in yellow just to make my undereye area appear a bit brighter. I then set my concealer in place with the Stay Matte powder and bake a little just to lock it in place. I try not to apply too much powder to the rest of my face as my skin is a little bit on the dry side and it can appear a little cakey.

Final steps are bronzer, highlight and some more setting spray. I swear by this one from Sephora! It's actually a face powder but I got a darker shade to use as bronzer and it's amazing! It blends so well and is really pigmented. If I have a bit of extra time then I'll contour a little using the NYX blush in Taupe. For highlight I usually switch it up, but a current fave is the MAC Show Gold highlight which has the prettiest pink iridescent shimmer to it and the Sleek Cleopatra's Kiss highlight palette.

Hope you enjoyed reading this! and if you have any post ideas for me, let me know in the comments section below xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...