Thursday 20 October 2016

Ben Nye Banana Powder - Review

Hey guys! Its been a few days since I last posted on here but I went away to London for the week to get away, see my friends and just chill out for a bit so I didn't really get a chance to write any new posts. But I'm back with another post and today I wanted to review the Ben Nye Banana powder for you guys. I've been using this powder for a few months now and thought why not write a review on it.



I like to use this powder to bake under my eyes and contour. I apply it using either one of those triangular makeup sponges or a beauty blender, I then let it sit for a bit while I do the rest of my makeup and then brush the excess powder off with a fluffy brush - now you can use the beauty blender wet or dry to apply the powder, if you use it wet then it makes the overall finish look less powdery or cakey which is great but you don't necessarily have to wet the sponge, just use it dry and if you feel like you are looking a little powdery then you can always fix that by spritzing a little bit of makeup setting spray.

This powder is amazing to bake with, it really brightens up the under eye area and sharpens up your contour. Another thing is that when you bake the under eye area with this it definitely locks the concealer in place - mine doesn't budge all day.


I tried using this powder on my sister to see how it would look on her, just because she does have a lighter complexion than me.  What I noticed was that this powder was a bit too dark for her, the under eye area didn't look bright/highlighted at all and it just made her overall base makeup look darker in general - so if you have a lighter complexion and are looking for loose setting powder I wouldn't recommend this shade, Ben Nye do however have more shades in this powder - now I haven't tested them out myself so can't really give a personal opinion but I have heard good things about the other powders too so I'd definitely say check them out. If you have a complexion similar to mine or darker then do check this powder out, it would be a great addition to your makeup collection or even your kit if you are a makeup artist, another thing I'd like to add is that I've been using this for a few months and I still have loads left considering it is the smaller pot, so it will definitely last you a while.

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many great things about this powder but haven't given it a try! That's great that it works to brighten the under eye area :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...