Wednesday 5 October 2016

NYX Eyeshadow Base - Review

Hey, guys just a quick review today on the NYX eyeshadow base. I picked this up on a whim a few months ago, I'd been on the hunt for a flesh toned eyeshadow base (other than MAC soft ocre) for a while, so when I saw this in Boots I decided to pick it and give it a try. The product comes in a plastic jar with a screw top lid, which is quite lightweight and doesn't take up much space in my makeup drawers, and you get around 7g/0.25oz of product.




You can apply the base using a small synthetic brush or your fingers, I switch between the two but prefer using a brush since I have long nails and it gets a bit messy trying to get the product on my finger and I always end up with loads stuck under my nails. I then blend it out and set it with a translucent powder or a flesh coloured eyeshadow - just because it makes it easier to blend any other eyeshadows that I'm going to apply on top.

I've actually been really enjoying using this product, it's quite a thick formula and really covers up any darkness/veins on my eyelids. It definitely does help my eyeshadows last longer throughout the day and prevents them from creasing as well - which is something that happens a lot especially when I'm in a hot environment or at work - there's something about the aircon in that place that really messes with my makeup, meaning it starts wearing off much more quickly than when I'm out elsewhere, but I've found using this base really helps with that.



I would recommend you all do check this product out - pop into your local Boots store and see if they have a NYX stand for you to swatch the product on yourself to see if you would like it. This is also something I use quite regularly on clients as well, not just on myself.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...