Monday 3 October 2016

Favourite Drugstore/Affordable Cream Contour Products

Hi guys, today's post is all about my favourite cream contouring products at the moment. All the products mentioned in this post are all fairly affordable, nothing high end (I will however be doing a post reviewing my favourite high end contouring products at some point so keep an eye out for that).



The first product I want to talk about is the LA Girl Pro HD Concealer, I'm sure you've heard of or seen these in loads of Instagram and YouTube tutorials. LA Girl are, I believe an American brand, for those of us living in the UK these are available to purchase online via Amazon or Ebay, there are also various online stores that do stock them - however I would advise, especially when ordering off Amazon and Ebay, that you make sure they are authentic products as there do seem to be fake versions of these concealers being sold online.

I got mine in the shade Toast, but I feel like it's not dark enough for me and I do end up applying quite a bit of product to get the result I want - so I think next time around I'd probably purchase a darker shade such as Chestnut. This shade that I am currently using is definitely more suited to someone with a lighter complexion than me (Just for reference: I am an NC44 in MAC foundations). The product comes in a squeezy tube with a brush applicator - which is quite useful as the brush allows for a quick and precise application of the product. I apply this to all the usual areas you want to contour, so just below your cheekbones, the nose, jawline and forehead. I then use a small stippling brush - like this one from Makeup Revolution or the Real Techniques makeup sponge to blend out the product

I'd advise you apply it in light layers and build up as necessary as it can start to look patchy or muddy if you apply too much at once and it does become quite hard to blend out as well. I love using this on myself and I also keep a couple of tubes in my kit for use on clients. For hygiene reasons, when I use these on clients I prefer squeezing out some of the product onto a mixing palette and then apply it to the face using a small flat foundation brush.



Now the next products I want to talk about are from Kiko, first are the full protection foundations in the shades 15 and 16, I keep these in my kit for use on clients, they are extremely pigmented and really blendable, making them easy to work with. Now these foundations have unfortunately been discontinued, an alternative to these foundations is the Kiko Skin Evolution Concealer in the shade 09. This is a stick concealer that comes in a thin tube making it great for precise application. One thing with this concealer is that it dries quite quickly, making it harder to blend out. The best way around this is to work in sections, so apply to one side of your face first, blend and then move on to the other side. The concealer I keep for use on myself, and the foundations I keep in my kit, but when I do run out of the foundations I will be replacing them with the concealers.

L-R - LA Pro Concealer, Kiko foundation Shade 15, Kiko foundation Shade 16, Stick concealer Shade 9

I would definitely recommend these products if you're looking for something to use on yourself or even on clients if you're a Makeup Artist. I am currently testing out a few other affordable cream contour products and a review of those will be up soon.

I hope you found this post helpful, thank you for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I really want to get into cream contouring! Fab post xx
    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...