Tuesday 4 October 2016

Favourite Drugstore Foundation & Primer - Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless

Hi guys, today's review is on my all time favourite drugstore Foundation and Primer. I've always found it difficult to get a great colour match when it comes to drugstore foundations, back when I was in college I would just grab whatever shade I thought matched me and went with it (not the smartest move to be honest), and let me just say it did not look good. The foundations were never dark enough or they didn't have the right undertones for my complexion and I was always left looking a little grey - I'd then try to fix this by applying bronzer all over my face - it was a mess guys it was actually a mess.

But then I came across the Maybelline Fit Me foundation - the original one - and I think it was the first time I found a drugstore foundation that actually matched my skin! I was in love, this foundation worked pretty well for me at the time because my skin was going through a dry phase - the best thing about this was that it didn't cling to any dry patches and left me skin with a dewy finish. But my skin started changing and became less dry and more oily/combination and I felt that this foundation just wasn't working for me anymore, so I bit the bullet and got colour matched at MAC and bought the Studio Fix Fluid - which has become one of my holy grail foundations and something  I have repurchased multiple times. But I was still on the lookout for another drugstore foundation that matched me as well as the Fit Me.


When I heard Maybelline were coming out with a Matte version to the original Fit Me Foundation, I was beyond excited and then a little sad because it didn't release in the UK until ages after. But I finally managed to get my hands on it only to find out that they don't sell the shade I used to use in the original Fit Me which was 315 Soft Honey. I checked different stores and even searched on Amazon, but no luck, looks like they decided not to include that shade as part of the range. I found a way to work around this though, I bought 2 shades in the Matte + Poreless - 220 and 330, I mix these both together to make my own custom shade and it works amazingly. The foundation gives a medium coverage that is easily buildable and doesn't leave you looking cakey and I'd say that it has more of a demi-matte finish which I love. I prefer applying this with a flat buffing brush or a damp beauty blender, I apply in thin layers and build up as necessary. I've found that it lasts for hours - I can work through a 10 hour shift and leave with my foundation still looking the same, maybe a little shiny in the t-zone area, but nothing a bit of setting powder can't fix. This has fast become one of my favourites and is definitely something that I will continue to repurchase.

The primer I want to talk about is also from Maybelline, it's the Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur Primer in the shade Warm apricot. Now I wasn't the biggest fan of the original baby skin primer, but this one I love. It leaves my skin feeling mattified and brighter and really helps make my foundation last that little bit longer - I can definitely tell the difference in the longevity of my base makeup on days when I skip applying this.

Both of these products are things that I use on an almost daily basis, I sometimes switch it up if I feel like a change, but will always come back to these - if you have oily/combination skin, then I would definitely recommend you check these out.

I would also like to say that I've noticed that drugstore brands are definitely expanding their shade ranges and there a few other foundations that I'm testing out at the moment - reviews to to those will be up so keep an eye out, who knows, I may find a new favourite. 

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that drugstores are expanding their shade range to go darker, means we get to try out more!

    Parie x

    Class and Glitter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...