Saturday 22 March 2014

Bourjois Bronzing Primer - Review

When I first heard about this product the first thought that came to mind was that it sounds a lot like the Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Make up Base and I have been lusting after that product since forever. I don't know why it's taken me so long to actually buy the Bourjois bronzer but for some reason I kept overlooking it whenever I went shopping (I tend to do that a lot with Bourjois products), but now I have it and I've been using it for the past week so I thought I would do a little review for you guys to let you know what I think about it.


When I first swatched this bronzer I felt like it would be too light for me but I bought it any way just to try out and after using it for a few days I have to say that it's a great product for adding some warmth to your face.

I use mine to contour slightly and also to add some colour to my face in the areas where the sun would naturally hit it. Since I apply it after my foundation, I haven't really been able to test it's primer qualities so I can't comment on those, and considering the fact that I really only bought it for bronzing I'm not too fussed about how it fares as a primer. If however any of you guys want me to test out it's primer qualities then I would be happy to do so, just let me know in the comments below. Another thing that I've found with this bronzer is that it is great to use just on its own to even out your skin tone. It's not full coverage, not by a long shot but it does however, act as a sort of veil for any discolouration or unevenness in your skin colour. But I feel like this would only work as an all over the face product for individuals with more darker skin-tones, if you have more pale skin then I wouldn't suggest using it as an all over the face product, just in key areas to add a bit of colour and definition.


I apply the bronzer to my skin using either a flat foundation brush or my Real techniques contour brush and then blend it out. I have found that it doesn't leave the skin looking oily but I do still set it lightly with a powder bronzer just to make sure that it doesn't move around and also to add a bit more colour. Overall it think that this is a great everyday product, quite reasonably priced, and something that I now reach for on an almost daily basis.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very interesting product. Really enjoyed your review hun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all time favourite products

    thepowderednose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd not heard of this before, but would be keen to try now! Thanks for sharing :)

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really cool! Great review :)

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...