Wednesday 5 March 2014

MUA Cream Blusher - Bittersweet - Review & Swatches


Today I have for you a review on the MUA Cream Blusher in Bittersweet. To be honest with you I've never been too keen on cream blushers because I always felt that they would make me look really oily/shiny,  but when I saw that MUA had come out with a range of cream blushers retailing at only £2 each I decided to take the plunge and try them out to see what all the hype was about cream blushes. And since they were only £2 I felt that I had nothing to lose if I didn't end up liking them. I bought two shades Bittersweet and Yummy, and today I will be reviewing the shade Bittersweet.



Bittersweet is a blue-toned 'Barbie' pink shade and I usually tend to stay away from such colours since I feel that they don't really suit my darker skintone (but obviously I was in Shopoholic overdrive mode and picked it up anyway). But I am really glad that I did pick this because when worn with a light hand in a very sheer layer it gives a very nice pinky glow to the cheeks which I quite like and the colour is buildable if you wanted a more heavy application. I apply this using either my Real Techniques Buffing Brush or my Real techniques Stippling brush, I prefer using these brushes rather than my fingers because I feel like they give me a much better finish and I honestly don't like applying products with my fingers, although there are some people who prefer applying them with their fingers.

One thing that really surprises and pleases me about this blush is the finish, I thought that it would leave my skin looking very greasy since the formula is so creamy and smooth, but when applied on the skin it drys slightly to give a more 'dewy' finish that doesn't look oily at all. I find that the blush tends to last longer on the skin if it is set with a powder product, I usually set mine with a translucent face powder, but even if you don't set it the blush will last a good 4-5 hours before it starts to fade, however if you have more oily skin then they may not last as long without setting.

The packaging of the blushes isn't anything fancy, but what I like about it is that it is compact and easy to store and I would have no problem travelling with this as it would not take up much space.

With Flash
Top: One finger swipe, Bottom: One swipe blended out

Overall I think these blushes are a great value for money, they're very pigmented, creamy and smooth. My only complaint is the shade range, I wish they had more colours.

6 comments:

  1. This is literally my favourite blush, I can't remember what shade I have but it's flipping amazing. So nice to apply and lasts a decent length of time and all for £1. It's crazy haha.

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this in the shade Dolly, mind i think they only have 4, could be wrong :) xx
    http://insaneaboutmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been kind of blush obsessed lately, and nooooow, I REALLY WANT THIS BLUSH! :D

    xoxo Cay from www.beautysblessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this brand before, but I agree with you as far as cream blushes. It never seems to work for me either.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving blushes at the moment, I was going to purchase this last weekend but I thought the same that the cream blushes would leave a greasy finish, I am going to try this as it seems like a great product!
    Jess x x
    http://www.a-beautifulsecret.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...